To establish the Rice Space Institute as a world leader in promoting and participating in the robotic and human exploration of space by fostering interdisciplinary research and education in collaboration with academic, business, industry and government partners.
- Generate stronger research and education ties between Rice, NASA JSC and industry
- Develop multidisciplinary research programs in science and engineering
- Facilitate space-related activities across campus
- Foster stronger collaboration with the humanities and social sciences
- Engage the broader Houston community in promoting and engaging in space-related research and education
- Work towards an integrated educational program (undergraduate and graduate) with NASA as a partner